Take you to understand the past in the modern Hudong’s epidemic prevention …
Hudong is often used to refer to Shanghai Yangshu Road, including most of the areas of Yangpu. In modern times, the Shanghai Dong Commune, the Huodong Bailipan Association, the Hugong Workers ‘Association, and the Night School of the Hudong Workers’ Night School were born here.
Early infectious diseases such as smallpox, cholera, sturgeon, plague, typhoid fever, etc. in the early Shanghai -east areas, generally the most easily explosive in summer and autumn. There are more than a thousand years of history in the Temple Temple in the Hudong area. There were sporadic records of various epidemics of the people in the villagers. The well -known Shanghai Family Medicine and the Founding of the Founding of Shanghai, the Xiangxiang Hospital has made great contributions to the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases in Shanghai and even Shanghai, and is well known to the world.
Today, the southwest of Yangpu District, Shanghai, was reduced to the concession in 1863, and opened the first road in the history of Yangpu -Yangshupu Road. Since then, the area building factories and buildings in the region have begun the process of urbanization in the modern sense. At that time, Yangpu Folk opened infectious diseases (departments) and specialized infectious disease hospitals in Yangshu Road, and carried out the treatment of epidemic diseases. Among them, the Hudong Hospital on Meizhou Road on Yangshu Pu Road has a relationship with the American Church, and has become a private hospital that uses advanced western medicine treatment technology and has a greater influence. Before the founding of New China, the hospital organized by the people forces organized by the Hudong region played a very important role in the treatment of epidemic treatment.
Map with “Yinxianggang Town”
Wang’s world medicine who grows acne
Smallpox is a severe infectious disease that is mainly spread through droplets or directly contacts. In human history, the plague such as smallpox and black death, cholera, and other plague have left amazing death numbers. Today’s Yangpu District is relatively remote in the Qing Dynasty. Due to the people’s medical conditions, it was repeatedly attacked by smallpox infections.
During the Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty, Yinxianggang Town gave birth to a pharmaceutical family that gradually developed with acne treatment, Wang’s World Medicine. Yinxiang Township Shijiabang (now north of Yanji East Road in the middle of Yanji New Village, west side of Shuifeng Road) Wang Zhan San, the first generation of acne master of Wang’s World Medicine on the shore of Guixi Bridge. ) It is famous for “Planting Poor Acne Langzhong”, and women and children are well known. Wang Zhan San “chose seedlings with caution, acne is safe, and the suffering of no disease”, dozens of miles away, is endless.
According to “Yangpu Health”, Wang Zhan San is currently the earliest personal medical practitioner in Yangpu District. Wang Zhan San’s father is a tailor and often goes in and out of the homes of township. Therefore, Wang Zhan San has the opportunity to study at the Gentleman’s Museum. He was young and good at his childhood, and he was advanced. He was sent to Songjiang Academy for further studies at the age of 20. After the success, he worshiped the Songjiang Zhu family to learn acne for the teacher. At that time, the “Songjiang School” acne master acne advocating “cooked seedlings”, that is, using acne scabs as seedlings. Wang Zhan San believes that the significance of acne is related to the safety of life, all of which are the stunt of “Jiamiao” and safe acne. After his success, he returned to his hometown and set up a clinic in Hourentang (local folk charity institutions) in Xiangxiang Town to serve the people.
According to the seventh generation of Wang’s Medicine, from the Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty to New China, it continued for more than 200 years. The second generation of Wang Xiangyanzi inherited his father’s career and practiced medicine for life. After Qing Jiaqing, Daoguang, and Xianfeng; the third generation of Wang Senzheng’s post -centered pot clinic, the more refined medical skills, and good medical ethics. The practical experience will be deleted, and the other category is divided into different categories. Thin, some doctors say that the woman is difficult to heal and grows up. After Wang Guangxi examined her condition, she was diagnosed as a pediatric accumulation. The famous Chinese medicine medicine, Wang Zhongkang, moved to the South Wood Bridge of Xianggang Town in 1921, and in the charitable institution in Yinxianggang Town, Hou Rentang. He volunteered three times every ten times.
The sixth -generation Wang Chaoran was dissatisfied with his family biography. He was admitted to Shanghai TCM Specialized School in 1918. He systematically studied the history of traditional Chinese medicine and related Chinese medicine classics. At that time, infectious diseases such as the brain and typhoid fever were epidemic. For a while, the ceiling and scarlet fever were rampant. Wang Chaoran has actively promoted the “Chinese and Western Medicine Participation in the Communist Party” and participated in the fight against the Kuomintang’s “abolition of old medicine”. After 1955, Wang Chaoran was transferred to Shanghai Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine as a teaching work. In 1959, he served as the director of the Shanghai Society of Chinese Medicine and carried out extensive academic activities.
The seventh -generation Wang Yurun, born in 1919, was influenced by family and inherited his father’s mantle. In 1935, he was admitted to the New China Medical College of Shanghai. After graduating from 1939, he was suspended for consultation. He was not only proficient in traditional Chinese medicine, but also familiar with the basic theory and basic skills of Western medicine. By the early 1950s, Wang Yurun was quite famous in the Shanghai medical community. His research results were “Morphya Febris”, “Pediatric Intestinal Treatment”, “Chinese Medicine Treatment of Pediatrics Pneumonia Pneumonia”, “Clinical Summary of Measles Pneumonia”, “Treatment of Pediatrics” 100 clinical reports of epidemic mumps “, etc., edited by the National High School of Traditional Chinese Medicine,” Traditional Chinese Medicine Pediatric Science “. In addition, Wang Yurun’s research accomplishment in blood -absorbing liver cirrhosis has deeply changed the traditional theory of cirrhosis, and was loaded into the important historical literature of “New China Prevention Medicine History” after the founding of New China. In 1956, Wang Yurun was hired as a member of the nine leadership group in East China to prevent and treat the hemorrhage diseases. He has repeatedly penetrated the hemorrhage disease area of the Su, Zhejiang, Anhui, and Jiangxi, and conducted prevention and research. Contribution.
Guixi Wang’s Seventh Dynasties World Medical World Watch
In order to prevent and epidemics, the gentry and businessmen jointly build Yinxiang Hospital
In August 1919, due to the extension of the epidemic, it was initiated by the local gentry to set up a temporary hospital opposite the Samsung Saver Factory of Xianggang Town. On this basis, in 1920, Xin Yunlan, Zhou Wanyun, Zhou Gong Ce and other gentlemen of the town were led to raise funds to establish a “Xiangxiang Hospital”. Although it is called a “hospital” at this time, it is actually a folk clinic with a certain charity. The funding is mainly donated by merchants. When the epidemic is more serious, it provides some free treatment for the poor.
In 1921, some local gentry businessmen initiated invitations to the town’s business again to jointly build the Xiangxiang Town Shishu Hospital, and officially opened on August 2 of that year. The site of the courtyard is a house provided by a large family named in Zhenbei. Due to the good level of treatment, some Japanese who lived in Shanghai came to treat. When the start -up is low, except for 6 copper dollars in the registration fee, the medical expenses are free. Later, the Chinese and Western businessmen were donated to buy 10 beds. In 1922, the epidemic hospital was reorganized and reported to the Shanghai Office for record in July, called Yinxiang Hospital.
Although Yinxiang Hospital funded the treatment of local poor and patients, due to funding, it was suspended due to funding. Considering that some manufacturers nearby hoped that the hospital would start, and the post of the later hospital was discussed and decided to continue to maintain the hospital operation.
In addition to the daily diagnosis and treatment of epidemic diseases, Yinxiang Hospital will open a special rhythmic clinic for the periodic peak. Generally, when the epidemic occurs in June and July, the epidemic (department) is specially opened, and the epidemic ends in September each year. To this end, the hospital also published and ended and ended in Shanghai, such as “Declaration”, “Times” and “Daily of the Republic of China” to facilitate residents’ diagnosis and treatment.
As a hospital established by the private government, Yinxiang Hospital also has a certain charity nature. It is also common for the free treatment provided by the people provided by the poor. During the period when the hospital’s funds were relatively tight, some major media in Shanghai had more information on the donation information of local gentry and merchants, in order to answer the thank you and promote the benevolence. In 1933, the local folk charity Hiren Tang donated some land as a hospital base for supporting Xiangxiang Hospital. In 1932, Mr. Dong Bingsheng, the Hospital of Yinxiang Hospital, and Mrs. Decheng, Huajia Shuangqing, and the son -in -law of his relatives and friends sent 780 yuan to the hospital for the hospital to benefit the relatives and friends of the neighbors. This deeds that are good at good are once spreading.
There was also a public case where the amplit hospital was built in the Yinxiang area. In 1929, the China Ma Mad Mad Remediation Association intends to build a mad hospital in Jiuxiangxiang Township, and the plot has been found. As a result, the Ministry of Health of the National Government issued a letter of publicity on November 21 of that year. The main reason was that the selected location selected by the establishment of the hospital was adjacent to the central area of Shanghai. Therefore, Ma crazy is easy to spread “(” Health Bulletin “No. 12, December 1, 1929). The Ministry of Health suggested that the Relief Club in a remote place in Yang Sizhen, Zhenru Town, or finding a small island to set up a mad hospital outside Wusongkou. The time for this official letter was in line with the “Greater Shanghai Plan” of the Shanghai Special Municipal Government in the Pentae of the Shanghai Special City Government that year. At this time, Yang Puzheng faced historical opportunities developed into the Shanghai Urban Center.
It is regrettable that Yangpu has not yet ushered in the comprehensive implementation of the “Greater Shanghai Plan” and was attacked by the Japanese army. In the end, Yinxiang Hospital and the town’s houses and shops were destroyed.
“Local” Medical Doctor Sheng Qingcheng
There are several private hospitals named “Shanghai East Hospital” in the Shanghai East area, some of which are mainly Chinese medicine, some are specialized in Western medicine, and some Chinese and Western medical clinics are available. Called. Among them, the “Hudong Hospital”, which has the longest and most influence of the hospital, is held by Dr. Sheng Qingcheng, a doctor of medicine. It is located at 34 Meizhou Road. It is near Yangshupu Road intersection. However, there is no renewal relationship between Hudong Hospital and Yangpu District Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital, and it is not related to Shanghai Hudong Hospital, which is now located on Boxing Road, Pudong New District.
At that time, the Shanghai East Hospital on Meizhou Road was a hospital that was more prominent in the size of the Hudong area and the medical strength of Western medicine at that time. Every time at the peak of the epidemic, they often assumed some government’s epidemic prevention tasks. The founder Sheng Qingcheng, also known as Shengcai, was born in the nineteenth year of Guangxu (1893), at the foot of Mogan Mountain, Zhejiang. Sheng Qingcheng’s father had been a administrator at the Summer Summer Female Summer in Sanqiao. At that time, many foreigners from Mogan Mountain came to avoid the summer. After the Sanqiao port, he often stayed in the small shop managed by his father to rest and drink water. Among them, U.S. priest You Banker, who came from Hangzhou for vacation, saw Sheng Qingcheng’s cleverness and intended to cultivate him.
Hudong Hospital Launction House
Under the funding of Yubanak, from 1908 to 1911, Sheng Qingcheng received basic education at Hangzhou Cymbidium Middle School, with excellent grades. Youbaque is very optimistic about him and further funded him to college. Sheng Qingchengzhi obeyed his medicine, and obtained the four -year medical science of Jinling University in Nanjing in 1913. Jinling University was founded by the Christian Church of the United States and was a sister university with Cornell University in the United States. At that time, graduates of Jinling University could accept the degree diploma at New York University at the same time. It was one of the most famous church universities in China at that time. “The heroes”, “Zhongshan Zhiying”. At that time, Jinling University opened the first doctoral education in China, and Sheng Qingcheng caught up with the “head of the local” medical doctorate education. In 1917, the medical science of Jinling University was handled by Qilu University, and Sheng Qingcheng also graduated from Jinling University.
According to the teaching regulations of Jinling University, after graduating from medical science, it is necessary to obtain a one -year standardized training for residents in order to obtain independent medical qualifications. Therefore, Sheng Qingcheng went to a hospital doctor for one year at Fangkang Hospital founded by a church in Shaoxing. One year later, he returned to Deqing County to open himself, and the hospital named “Qingcheng Hospital”. In 1919, he was invited to the industrial hospital in the Shanghai Public Concession (also known as the British Concession) in the Eastern District of the Public Concession (also known as the British and American Concession) as the main doctor. The industrial hospital is located in the factories of the Shanghai Eastern Yangshu (in Yangpu District today), which is affiliated to the “Hudong Commune” established by the church. Sheng Qingcheng’s professional literacy and ability, which was highly respected in industrial hospitals.
From Church Hospital to “Hudong Hospital”
After the May 4th Movement, the Chinese Church launched a Christianity campaign, requiring to recover the management rights of foreigners from church hospitals, schools and other units across the country, and registered for registration after transferring management responsibilities to the management of relevant Chinese government departments. In 1924, Sheng Qingcheng took over the position of dean and renamed the Industrial Hospital to Huodong Hospital. On July 1, 1924, with the approval of the Shanghai Special Municipal Health Bureau, Sheng Qingcheng obtained a license to the hospital and named it “Hudong Hospital”.
Hudong Hospital opening license
As a result, the church hospital was transformed into a private hospital of Sheng Qingcheng, and the site was still in Chunli Lili (Yangshupu Road 1541). After moving to the pavement of the west of Meizhou Road in 1926, the bed was increased. Because more than 30 factory workers came to the hospital for consultation, Sheng Qingcheng deeply felt that the hospital was narrowed and insufficient needs. Therefore, from 1934 to 1935, they bought all the land and borrowed from the bank to build Hospital building. Under his efforts, Hudong Hospital has been continuously developed, with more than 100 beds, becoming a famous private hospital in Shanghai. At the anniversary of the hospital’s opening, Nie Yuntai, Yan Zuofu, Wu Zhihao, Huang Shimin, Fu Ruoyu, Zhu Xianzhang, Wang Yiting, Wang Binyan and other celebrities of Shanghai attended the intermediary, or delivered a speech. In 1934, when the 10th anniversary of the establishment of the Shanghai East Hospital expanded the foundation of the hospital near the old hospital, Wu Tiecheng, then the mayor of Shanghai, was famous for a while.
After the establishment of the Hudong Hospital, he has experienced several major epidemic in Shanghai and Hudong. At that time, the Hantong Hospital was an epidemic injection point in the Hudong area and undertook the mission of epidemic prevention. On April 27, 1943, the “Declaration” also specifically entered the relevant situation to introduce Sheng Qingcheng, the dean of Huodong Hospital, who was the head of the naval -based epidemic prevention squad at that time, to inject cholera vaccine injections for residents and undertake tracking treatment.
Part of the young backbone of Hudong Hospital grew up as a top medical expert in China after the founding of the People’s Republic of my country. For example: Sheng Zhiyong, the eldest son of Sheng Qingcheng, is one of the founders of my country’s creation and burns, and is an academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering; Fu Peibin is one of the founders of Chinese contemporary foreign sciences. Founder of Chinese bronchial surgery.
Text: Ye Jun, the District Party History Research Office (District Local Chronicles)
Edit: Wu Baixin
Yangpu District Rong Media Center