Copper tin wares that disappear from our lives

Copper tin 具 is rarely used in today’s life. In the early years, the sidelines, spoons, warm pots, kettles, teapots, water cigarettes, soups, furnaces, hand stoves, rice spoons, soup cans, small discs, and even rice buckets also have copper products. The tin products include jugs, water hanging, sugar bucket molds. As for the incense burner wax, there are copper tin. It can be said that the mainstream of the daily necessities of the copper tin instruments at that time was later replaced by aluminum, and now it has been replaced by plastic and stainless steel. Some copper tin wares have disappeared without alternatives.

In the old Jiangnan customs, her daughter was married and prevailed with copper tin wares as accompaniment. People in rural areas generally buy two copper and two tin. There are more.

The earliest bronze tin small workshops that can be known now are Jiang Changfa and Sun Lanbao to produce tin teapots and jugs. Slowly developed into a copper tin shop in the front shop and back workshop. At the time, such a shop also had Cao Yuanhe, Wang Shunxing, Jiang Yicheng and other several. At that time, the Qing government stipulated that all copper tin workshops must be “accepted”, and the tax rate was also high, so that the store workshop separation was later formed. At that time, the workshop was finely processed, divided into molds, casting, polishing and other processes. In the end of the Qing Dynasty, there were Xu De Da, Tang Shunxing, Zhu Yongji, and He Mao, which were specially sold at the time. When buying and selling on the counter, the sales guys use the number, clothing, inch, mouth, mouth, Ding, Qing, Qing, Ge, and field, representing one to ten figures, when customers come to the store, use this secret language to perform fraud sales. The price is raised, but the quality is guaranteed.

It was initiated by Xu Jingchuan in 1916, and more than ten Tongxi Instrument Stores established the same Association. Funded by a member store, established the Tongxi Industry Association at the bottom of Xiaolou Lane, and selected Zhou Songyi and Wang Hezheng as the deputy general director. In 1930, membership stores developed to more than thirty, and during this stage, the heyday of Tongxi Industry. In the second half of 1949, the Wuxi Industry and Commerce Joint Council was established to carry out industry reorganizations. Wang Zhongqing and Wang Qirong were appointed as the director of the preparatory meeting of the preparatory meeting. In the old days, the Tongxi industry in Wuxi ranked first in Jiangsu for a long time, but after the mid -1950s, Tongxi Industry has no longer existed as the industry as a daily necessities.

Image source: network

Reference materials: Chong’an Street Lane

You may also like...

Popular Posts